Recital in the National Theater (Opera House)

Recital in the National Theater (Opera House)
National Theater (Opera House) San Jose, Costa Rica

Friday, July 30, 2010

Condensed milk, bag of ice and bad frozen pizza...

We are finally a week from opening night. Today I will be heading into downtown San Jose with a few of the cast members in search of last minute items for the opera. (fake lashes, blue sparkly eye shadow, hair extensions, hair-dye etc..)

Yesterday was a strange day...I think my body is really affected by the rain and the incredible pressure it brings. I was lathargic all day...and this morning, sunny outside and I jumped up out of bed at 6:45am.

After rehearsal last night we went to the grocery store. I needed to buy items to make a flan for Gustavo's mother's birthday, which is today. While standing in the store the can of condensed milk rolled out of the top of the cart and fell smack down on the top of my foot. I was standing with Cynthia and started crying...it hurt that bad. The red "dent" within minutes turned purple. We were standing in the meat department (which is hard for Cynthia, since she is a Vegetarian) and the meat man ran and got me a bag of ice, which I tied to my sandal in order to continue walking.

We have really been craving pizza, but it was too late to order one, so we got 3 frozen ones...not very good :( I am hoping today is a better day.

Tonight is our last run-thru without orchestra. Our Sitzprobe is on Saturday (run-thru without staging), tech is Tuesday, my dress Wednesday...last days are approaching!

ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment