Recital in the National Theater (Opera House)

Recital in the National Theater (Opera House)
National Theater (Opera House) San Jose, Costa Rica

Monday, July 12, 2010

A horse, 2 dalmations and more rain..

The rehearsal space is a little unconventional here, from what we have in the states. Staging rehearsals are held on a huge covered patio, which is outside. It works very well, except that in the yard is a horse and several dogs. Tonight we were staging the Cleopatra/Cesare duet and at the moment where Cesare is getting close and there might be a kiss that occurs, the horse (named Aramis) had come over behind me, stuck his neck out and almost bit my rear!

The puppies came back again tonight, we have named them "Salchicha" (little sausage), "Honey" and "Lydia". They are just so beautiful and playful..

Cynthia and I made fresh limeade and ate tortillas with re-fried black beans...muy bueno!

I have not been exercising much since I got here.. planning to get up early and go for a run...

I succesfully did a full load of laundry today, with no dryer (there isn't one). I hope I will keep some of my new habits when I go back home..they really know how to conserve over here.

Karen had told me also that I will need to dye my hair, she wants it to be closer to the color of the Egyptians, so I will be a very dark brown when I get back to the USA; not permanent, washes out.

OH!! Totally forgot to share--I found out yesterday that the grandaughter of Rachmaninoff lives here in Escazu and has his piano!!! I am hoping we get to meet her!

night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment