Recital in the National Theater (Opera House)

Recital in the National Theater (Opera House)
National Theater (Opera House) San Jose, Costa Rica

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Early morning again!!

It is officially 6:30am here..and I am SO tired..but I keep waking up on Eastern time. I think in a couple more days I will be more adjusted.

First problem I have run into is with the water. There is a bad pipe in one of the walls, so we have to keep the water off unless we are using it. Well, this doesn't work too well for me being a woman AND a singer where I drink water constantly. Also, I am living in the house with Jim and Cynthia...if it was just she and I, no big deal, but how do you deal with using the toilet and then not being able to flush? The water main is on the street..so to turn on/off, I have to open the enormous gate and then go out, turn it off, then come back in...by that point I will definitely have had an accident. SO, I decided that each night I am going to set a big bucket of water by the toilet, then I can flush. SORRY to be so detailed, but it was a MAJOR problem last night...especially since we eat a lot of black beans and plaintains here...LOL

Okay, going to try and go back to bed, will blog more later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow- I am having a little trouble following which day everything happened, but I get the idea. Whoa- It sounds like a developing country, but the good thing is: 1- you have access to decent water; 2- you have electricity; 3- you have a free phone to use!' 4- you have a way to wash clothes; 5- you have good quality food ; you are involved in something worthwhile.

    I could go on. I remember my first trip outside the country and we kept a diary called "Roughing it is...."

    So, did you all get into costume and sing for tips? They have beautiful ox carts there somewhere for sale.

    ReplyDelete