Recital in the National Theater (Opera House)

Recital in the National Theater (Opera House)
National Theater (Opera House) San Jose, Costa Rica

Monday, July 19, 2010

covered in Aloe Vera

So yesterday, being Sunday, was our day off. Me, Cynthia and Jim rented a car from the airport and headed the coast to see the beaches. (The rental car process was ridiculous, from extra airport taxes to a $1,500 deposit, but I digress)

We took the "road-less-traveled" through the mountains and saw beautiful homes, giant boulders on the clifs that were painted by a local artist, cows, horses and chickens (yes, trying to cross the road).

We arrived 100km later at Playa Herradura, which lies on the south/west coast, near the town of Jaco. There were quite a few people there, but we walked the beach and crossed a fresh water river coming from the mountains, flowing into the ocean, and made it to the less crowded side of the beach.

The sand was very soft and a marble black/brown (due to mixing with voclanic lava). The water was a little cold, so I sat on the beach under my umbrella. I am not sure how the sun found me under there, but it must have been during my brief moments in the water, that I got BURNED. I haven't allowed myself to burn in almost 10 years (hence why I still look 16 at 33 years old..well, maybe not 16).

We then went on to the city of Jaco, a tourist town...good food, fun nick-nacks and very strange locals. A man on a horse rode by and stopped and asked if I would like to hop on his horse with him.. umm, no..but thanks!

We ended the day on Playa Hermosa, a little further north. We were the only people on the beach and this sand was very grainy and jet-black. This beach is famous for surfing, as the waves were very high. I ran along the beach and we watched the sunset (no, it was not romantic, but I wish my husband could have seen it :)

We left the beach, still covered in the black sand...this morning, I actually still have grains in my hair...yuck!

We started our way back to our little town house in Escazu..when we arrived Gustavo and Jim went to get us aloe gel, as my poor shoulders and legs were fried.

Today was laundry day and clean the house.. we are all reviewing our music now and tonight is ACT 1 run-thru. Should go very well!

Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment