Recital in the National Theater (Opera House)

Recital in the National Theater (Opera House)
National Theater (Opera House) San Jose, Costa Rica

Saturday, July 17, 2010

rough 2 days..

It still continues to rain everyday..while it is lovely when you can sleep through it, not so nice when you have to walk in it, rehearse in it and accidently track it into the house.

I woke up feeling a little sick and with a bad headache. We went with Karen to go and look at some Indian jewelry and bought some amazing headpieces, belts, earrings etc.. for my Cleopatra costume. (I bought myself a few things, along with earrings we will use in the opera, which are in the shape of snakes..perfect for the Egyptian Cleopatra).

We made it to the end of Act 2 staging, still a little rough, but we have time. Yesterday was also the first rehearsal with orchestra. The group is named Academia Bach, mostly between the ages of 20 and 25...however the concert master (first violin) is the wife of the conductor and is excellent. We are very lucky as she keeps the group together.

We each were able to get through 2 arias (which lives me 4 more to go at the next rehearsal). The rehearsal location was VERY far away and we also had to negociate through downtown San Jose, and parts that were pretty dangerous. The reahearsal space was very nice, on the grounds of a school, the acoustics perfect. The orchestra was a little out of tune, but as we practiced and everyone's adrenaline was pumping, both singers and orchestra improved.

I was able to go through my last 2 arias; Piangero and Da Tempeste..the two most difficult in the role. I was very pleased with what I was able to do and happy my coloratura was working.

By the time we got home last night, I was feeling very sick. Karen gave me a medication that helps to settle your stomach and I went to bed at 10pm, just woke up a little while ago, so that was 12 hours I slept! Not sure if it is something I ate, or the stress of how fast the rehearsals are going..just glad I feel better.

Today the others are going to the fruit fair, I am going to stay here and relaz, big rehearsal tonight.. will write more later!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're not feeling well. Wish I was there to help you feel better (although I must admit I oftentimes am the one who gives you a headache lol, but i digress).

    Anyway, glad things are moving along. I'm sure you're going to do great as you always do.

    My best to everyone there. XOXO

    ReplyDelete